Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Alchemist

Okay, I was looking at the book and there aren't really clearly defined chapters. Though there's no table of contents, it does seem to be split up into two parts though with the break about a third of the way in. So my suggestion is that we read and discuss Part One by next Friday (7/11) and that we discuss Part Two two weeks later (7/25). Maybe as we're reading, there'll be an obvious spot to break for the Friday in-between, but unless anyone has issues with that schedule...

I've been interested in reading this book for awhile, but was quite surprised to see that it was published over a decade ago! Clearly, it's time.

5 comments:

ec said...

i thought this was kate's book or am i confused?

i'll hit the library today!!

YAY! NEW BOOK!!

sarahnoel said...

Oh, it's Kate's book; I was just helping us get going.

shoppergrl said...

Yeah, sorry, I was not being on the ball with things. So, since Sarah had gotten the book, she was looking at how to best break it up. Yea, Sarah. And I do agree that this is a good way to do it, so I am okay with reading part 1 by next Friday (week after the 4th). I didn't realize it had been published for a decade, either. I thought it was about 5 years old.

Chremdacasi said...

Our copy came into the library today and the librarian said it had become really popular lately...so something happened to make people take notice of it again. We'll have to read and find out. The division Sarah suggested sounds good to me.
~~Emily~~

sarahnoel said...

I'll have to do a little more research, but I think Oprah has something to do with the upsurge in popularity.