Friday, June 27, 2008

My take on the Whole Book

This was the second time I had enjoyed this story. The first time I listened on a somewhat scratched up audio book, but I got most of the story. I thoroughly enjoyed rereading it and found it difficult to put down so that I finally just read through, being sure to blog on each section and save it to post later. I love the characters, I love the premise of the cheese making factory and even though it may have been a bit whimsical and dreamy, I enjoyed the story.

I agree that Kit and Abbey falling for each other seems improbable in real life, but I think it works in this book as part of the magic surrounding Corrie, Fee and all of Coolarny. I think Kit is a very interesting character from a psychological standpoint and I just can't help but love poor, innocent, betrayed Abbey. The other characters are of course what make the book, but I think the main characters have their own place in the story.

As for the end of the story, I cried during the last chapter of course. It was touching and beautiful. I love that Corrie's legacy was to save all those little babies and help all those lonely, scared, mothers. I think the whole concept is beautiful and it made the end of the book for me. I also appreciate that it was Lucy's baby that Abbey got to adopt at the end. I am glad for the scene between Abbey and Lucy that Lynch included near the end, where Lucy finds Abbey crying after Kit leaves. I think it helps solidify the connection. Overall I loved reading this story and hope everyone else enjoyed it as well.

No comments: