Friday, May 16, 2008

I so want cheese

That's probably the main thing I took from this book. A huge desire to have some really, really good cheese. There is a cheesemongers in Bath and I plan to visit it soon.

I have read the whole book, because I prefer my books in one sitting. But I will try not to spoil anything for you guys.

Talk about creating sympathy for the characters. I did truly feel sorry for Kit even though he seems to have created his own trouble. Lucy, I wasn't expecting as she isn't on the back cover blurb, but i'm glad to have all those dairy maids and their eccentricities. Actually no one really seems all that normal in this story. Maybe Lucy...sort of.

Abbey is alright. A little dreamy, but we'll see.

My favorite characters are definitely Fee and Corrie. Good ole Irish men with a knack of premonitions and love of cheese. I so want to apprentice under them.

My quote for this section:

"Know that you don't end up here unless you've got a bun in the oven and no bastard to help you cook it," said Jack.

Hilarious.

That's all I got. Tag, who's next?

No comments: