Friday, May 23, 2008

I like this book

I really do like this book. In fact, I probably love it. I love how Fee and Corrie keep all the prospective cheese makers waiting and make watching and observing them the day's entertainment. I love that Kit's hostess has the purple fuzzy toilet cover that she mentioned on her toilet. I love that all the cows are named Maria. I love the quote near the end of chapter 10 that says, "The strain of her not asking any more about his personal circumstances over breakfast had plum tuckered the two of them out." (pg140-141) I love all of these characters, oh except Martin. What a jerk!!! Poor, poor Abbey, blaming herself for everything wrong with their relationship when all along the two-faced, cheating, lying, hypocritical emotionally abusive husband of hers was treating her, her dignity and their relationship as a big joke. I'm glad she was able to escape in the plane, though what happens next, well, the poor girl, how hard to have to start over after all of that. I trust that if any of us were ever treated like that by a significant other that the rest of us would pummel them to a pulp!

I'm excited for where this story is going. There are so many interesting elements to it that no matter what character we're following, I find their story interesting. I may have to finish this book sooner as well.

1 comment:

shoppergrl said...

Hey, I just noticed we liked the same quote! I must not have noticed your post before I did mine. I guess we both have good taste. : )