Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No More Rants (I Promise)

Okay--maybe I needed to just post my issues to get them out of the way in my head and heart, or maybe the material in the next three chapters is just better (for me), but either way I thought this section was much much better.

I really enjoyed "Romanced," as I noted in my comment to Em earlier, this was eye-opening to me in light of now knowing what it's like to be in a romantic relationship with someone, me personally, not me theoretically. Knowing the God is there as the Perfect Lover who always has the right answer, responds appropriately, can't be dissuaded from loving me is awesome (in the awe inspiring sense of the word). I like how they describe the passion of pursuing this relationship, sometimes I'm frightened to be committed and passionate about something because it might be silly or not worth while. But knowing God intimately will never be those things. "To pursue intimacy with Christ, you will have to fight for it. [...] You'll need to fight the Thief that would steal your Lover's gifts to you outright. That's okay. There is a fierceness in women that was given to us for a purpose. Getting time with your Lover is worth whatever it costs." (126)

"Beauty to Unveil" and "Arousing Adam" did seem to go hand in hand to me (as they note in 9 "We'll bet you were thinking about the man in your life through most of the last chapter"). The idea of being vulnerable and "unveiling [my] feminine heart" (147) is a terrifying thought in some regards because I do not like to be vulnerable, but exciting in other regards because I feel encouraged that I should be trying to be open, vulnerable, and arousing (obviously within the limits of appropriateness)--that it's worth it to try and if it's not worth the risk, than it's not worth my time.

1 comment:

ec said...

me happy you found something that touched you!!!

and you've apparently rendered me grammar challenged.